5/7/09

Best of the Worst Reviews

Below are a just few of the best one-star reviews from Amazon.com. These are reproduced exactly, so I will avoid using "sic".



Great Gatsby

"Gatsby is the miz an and daisy is a sliz to the iz ut. Scott Fitzgerald i wish u were alive so i could kill u. Love DGS!!!"


Wizard of Oz
"the wort movie ive ever seen .I mean they clorized once color tv came out and there special effects are lame ,the costumes are ugly the props are ugly so never buy this film!!!!"


To Kill A Mockingbird
"This book is the worst book in the world. I read half way through the book and gave up because it made no sence"


Casablanca
"I expected a lot more action. I’m pretty sure I will enjoy it a lot more when Warner Bros finally gets around to releasing the colorized version, the way this movie needs to be seen - the world is not black and white, why should our movies be?"
"... Also Ingrid Bergman is no Maryland Monroe."


The Jungle
"Bad book toooo manyyyy words n not enough pitures"
"This book is fun for its first two-thirds, what with the rats and all."


Schindler's List
"Mr. S should stick with kiddie flicks like ET - although even there he was cruel to the actress who performed inside the ET suit."


Moby Dick
"Moby Ick's more like it. A PIECE-O-TRASH! SENSELESS"


Sound of Music
"This movie was made in the sixties, we live in the 21st century, GET OVER IT!"


Huckleberry Finn
"Twain has over used words once again. I wish someone would have told him that it's quality, not quantity."


Lord of the Flies
"Not sence reading the crystal Star and the Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy have i detested a book! If you want the point of the book watch the Simpsons parody."


Lawrence of Arabia
"I am used to seeing movies with fast action or at least a good story. This movie has neither. Some british guy goes to the mideast and fights with turks. The screenplay never explains why he would do that."


Rabbit Run
"Uggh!!! Updike can't write worth spit! This is just pure junk. Not only is it dull, but it's about nobodies. A total waste!"


Singin' in the Rain
"Sorry folks, but this is the biggest BORE-FEST I have ever seen. The plot is cheesy and uninteresting. The acting is old-school ham"
"I have now seen 1 musical so you cant say, 'well you have never seen one' when I say I hate musicals."